DLM LEDERMUSEUM OFFENBACHH
The German Leather Museum and German Shoe Museum are located at the 'West End' of Offenbach am Main, close to the city's border with Frankfurt. The museum was founded in 1917, and is the only one of its kind in the world. Its initiator and director of many years, Professor Hugo Eberhardt, was an architect and the principal of the then technical college (now Offenbach's university college of design). Eberhardt's ambition was not only to form a model collection of high-quality leatherwork, but to create an institution that showed the use of leather throughout the world, regardless of time, place or nation. It is no coincidence that the museum is located in Offenbach, whose rise to prominence was inextricably linked with that of the leather goods industry. Today, the museum's two buildings exhibit on three floors the uses of leather, raw hide and vellum in arts, crafts and the everyday life of all peoples of the world.
Frankfurter Strasse, 86
D-63067 OFFENBACH (Germany)
Tel: 49 69829798 - Fax: 49 69810900